All Eau Claire residents are invited to the ECCA’s upcoming Annual General Meeting. The meeting takes place on Tuesday June 16th at Centennial Place and registration starts at 5:30 PM. Check the poster below for further details.
Eau Claire Market Redevelopment Plan - Open House
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Eau Claire Market
The City of Calgary is reviewing a proposal on behalf of Harvard Developments Inc to change the type of development allowed on the two blocks that form the current Eau Claire Market site. If approved by City Council, this proposal would allow for a mix of residential, commercial retail, and office space.
The proposal represents a significant potential upgrade to the current Eau Claire Market. At the same time, a number of concerns have been raised, including:
- The proposed development of a major commercial office tower as part of the project, even while the current Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) for Eau Claire is intended to encourage its development “as a primarily residential neighbourhood.”
- Lack of certainty if the proposed changes to land use are approved that the project would then proceed on the basis of current proposals, unless land use changes are linked to specific project plans
- Some relaxation of current City sun shadow guidelines would be required meaning that potentially more of the current Eau Claire bPlaza would be in shadow.
- The Eau Claire Smokestack, a heritage structure, may be moved to a new location
- Plus 15 connections to the proposed project would be allowed
What are your views?
Residents of Eau Claire are encouraged to attend an Open House in the Eau Claire Market on Wednesday, May 6 to review the application and project proposal and to make their comments known. Representatives of the City and Harvard Developments will be available to answer questions and hear your comments.
The ECCA is helping the YMCA’s Strong Kids campaign and we’re asking for your support! The Strong Kids campaign helps the YMCA to ensure people of all ages are healthier and more productive regardless of their background or financial situation. Money raised helps struggling
families enjoy activities at their local YMCA, kids to learn to swim, teens to learn to lead and feel success, and more.
Join the ECCA team and raise money via the secure online site or accept cash donations. Then hop on a Keiser spin bike with your teammates on Monday March 9 at 6 PM in the lobby of the Eau Claire YMCA for the Cycle for Strong Kids. The more team members, the more funds we can raise to help ensure this year’s Strong Kids campaign is a great success.
For more information on Strong Kids, go to www.ymcastrongkids.ca. Look for team Eau Claire Community Association to sign up or make a donation. Or for any other questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org